Saturday, August 31, 2019

Some day my "prints" will come

Remember the theme song from Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs?   Some day my Prince (prints) will come?



Well, I'll be contented with some of the lovely prints (large and small) that are appearing in our stores, and I believe we're being promised many more variations on the print theme.

Block colours are gradually easing out and prints are back!  Does that mean chintz as well? Does everyone remember that fabric - mostly used for curtains and furnishings but brave young women of the day used chintz to make their own "fashion".  For we used to make our own clothes, would you believe?   

When it comes to fabrics, I wonder why we never see things like broderie anglaise and seersucker these days.   They're not seen to be "luxury" fabrics and yet, and yet ......... For one thing they are both excellent fabrics for our warm weather here.   Now I'm talking out of turn here I guess, because the temperature here overnight was zero but the sun is now shining in a bright blue sky and while there's a chill in the air, the sunshine makes us think of the warmer days.  

But then we're in Winter heading towards Spring (officially starts tomorrow!), so that's to be expected.  

In the meantime,
Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment