Sunday, June 7, 2020

YET ANOTHER WEEK IN ISOLATION .....

 Hello dear friends,

The days are filled with great lumps of looking out of the window and not looking out of the window, it seems.  Yet when I find the clock nears lunch time (how does IT know, when I hadn’t given it a thought before hand?), I hop up from my chair in readiness to find something to snack on.

This morning I’ve tided my room, watched the news, then “Songs of Praise” on the ABC, read a few (well more than that if I’m honest!) chapters of my book, done a bit of work on the computer, read some great emails from my friends both here in Australia as well as overseas, made a phone call or two.  Then I wandered out of my room to check my garden patch which sits immediately outside my door but still within the building, in which I have a beautiful indoor plant that has gone wild and then wandered back in.   So when I checked my watch two minutes ago I realised it was “Lunch time” - hooray!  

It’s 12 degrees here - quite a nice temperature for us at this Season.  So I’ll warm up some beautiful pumpkin soup made by my friend Rosie (no, that’s not me, but my true friend Rosie!), and with a slice of toast, and a cup of Lemon & Ginger Tea for lunch, I’ll be ready for what the afternoon brings.   Even though I’m in “isolation”. 

Some people have all the fun, don’t they?   Me included.  For it’s how we look at things I’ve come to realise over the years that is very important to how we feel about ourselves.  Two sides of a coin was the old saying, and it sure is.  It’s either heads or tails, and quick frankly I rather the heads.   Lifting the head your eyes can take in the world around you.  Tails of course, you’re looking at the other end of things!   Don’t let me start on explaining my weird sense of humour, because I’ll confuse you even more.

Anyway, friends, it’s Sunday, and I decided to do a small “scoot” around the village.  That’s on my scooter, not jogging!   Coming home I stopped and looked up into the sky, where I saw a beautiful cloud tipped with the colours of the setting sun.  Turning the corner I espied a beautiful Autumn tree which because of it's placement, still has all its leaves.  Most of the other larger trees are now bare. 


Now, I’m taking things easy. About to sit in my favourite chair and my book (of course!).   Please take care, my friends. 

Rosemary  🌹 🌹 🌹 STAY SAFE, TAKE CARE EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment