Tuesday, November 8, 2022

The Song of the Ocean



 Song of the Ocean:     

“Moon on a canvas sail, such a beautiful sight;  

Lost on a star-dust trail, on a mystical night

Wash of a million waves, calling to me;  

deep in my soul I can hear,   

The Song of the Ocean. “



ISN’T IT JUST AMAZING?


I had been wondering what to put as y subject matter for this post and of course I chose the Song of the Ocean.  I'd been listening to the Charlie Landsborough rendition of this song, and found it hantingly beautiful.   


 Settling down after dinner I picked up my book to continue reading and this is what I found:


They sat in contented silence for a while, sunset lit the ocean, a spreading stain of liquid gold.  The sky glowed fierce fiery orange and pink streaked with purple, while restful blue stole down softly from the east, lighting the little stars one by one.   Billy felt lulled by the rhythmic thunder of the waves buffeting the rocks below like a mother’s heartbeat.   


Slowly the sea deepened to indigo and the sky to black, and the lighthouse on the small rocky islet a league offshore sent its beam sweeping out over the water and the rocks where the seals snuggled down for the night.”


I hope you, like me, am able to visualise the scene described.  The moods, the colours, the textures, and the infinite wonder of nature. 


Having left my book to give you the opportunity of sharing that lovely excerpt, I am now intending to fold myself up into my favourite chair and lose myself in my book again. 


'til next time



No comments:

Post a Comment