Monday, December 31, 2012

Boxing Day

A leading psychologist on television the other day was saying that Christmas time seems to be a time when family stresses and disagreements come to the surface.   Many people no longer get together on Christmas Day for that reason.  In fact many families totally ignore one or more members of their family for that same reason.  Which is a shame, because surely we could find it possible to be considerate and respectful to each other (even if we don't see eye to eye on many things) just for one day of the year?  

However, I love Boxing Day because it's almost as though there is no pressure to be anything but relaxed.   My "adopted" family joined me and my friend for lunch on Boxing Day this year.  What a totally enjoyable couple of hours spent in the freedom of being who we are and able to be ourselves.  Not to mention lots of laughter and fun conversations accompanied by a lovely meal.

Happiness can come in large or small doses.   I count that occasion as a dose of happiness that I shall remember for a long time.

There are friends, and then there are "friends".   Boxing Day 2012 I have been blessed with a special affection from a couple who I deem to be "family", and I am so grateful for their love.






No comments:

Post a Comment