YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
1. Say "no" without feeling guilty
2. Have and express feeling and opinions
3. Be listened to and taken seriously
4. Work things out for yourself
5. Set your own priorities
6. Change your mind or be illogicial (in the eyes of others)
7. Make mistakes and take responsibility for them
8. Not offer excuses for your behaviour (unless you want to)
9. Get what you pay for
10. Choose NOT to be assertive
You have the right to be the ultimate judge of your behaviour, thoughts and feelings and to take resplonsibility for them
Sometimes being assertive is not worth the hassle involved, but these occasons are rare.
William Shakespeare said: This above all - to thine own self be true and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man” And I might I add the words "or woman".