Friday, January 14, 2011

You'll never guess!

I was invited to attend a small business meeting today of a group of women. Living and working as a corporate woman my daily "uniform" for want of a better word has been, for a number of years - in fact more years than I care to admit, a smart business jacket and slacks (more commonly known as "pants" these days). For many business women it appears to be the "expected" standard style of dress.

But I woke up this morning, wanting to do something different. Sometimes I feel a little mischievous! So I wore a lovely slightly flared ankle length skirt with a smart edge to edge jacket over a cami.    A long modern necklace and handbag picking up the same colour as my skirt, finished the outfit.   For comfort I wore my favourite boots.

Let me tell you I felt great. The reflection in the mirror also confirmed that feeling. Compliments were expressed, even by my counterpart from a different department, and it takes a lot for her to find something good to commend.

That got me thinking. As a matter of course, we tend to sometimes allow ourselves to become, well - not really boring, but lacking in a bit of imagination.

Do you know because I looked good in the mirror (even side and back view!!), I "felt" good. And that feeling has lasted all day.

I intend to do this sort of thing more often. To step out of the "comfort zone" as far as corporate wear is concerned, and wear slightly more feminine clothing, especially when the occasion allows.


©.2011,  Leonie Stevens, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment