Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Am I biased?

I've been studying "big issues" for a long time now - quite a few decades in fact.   So I think I can speak authoritatively on many aspects as they relate to the more curvaceous woman.   For those of you who are not on my mailing list for the monthly newsletter, then you will not be aware that many of the more pertinent subjects that impact upon our lives are covered within its pages, while this blog focusses on "fashion".  Contact me if you'd like to be added to my mailing list.

There are times when I think I am very "positive-thinking" while at other times I have to admit I do tend towards pessimism.   Especially when it comes to "FULL" acceptance across the board for the bigger woman, whether it be in the home, her career or even within her family and circle of acquaintances.

But let's get back to "fashion".   Now everyone knows we wear clothes - whether we're a size zero or a size 5X.  It's quite obvious that we NEED to wear clothes otherwise we'd be naked and charged with "indecent exposure"!  LOL.  

I get disappointed at times with what is dished up as "fashion" for the more curvaceous woman here in Australia - even moreso when I see the clothing that is provided, and on offer from overseas.   At more or less similar prices.

I'm showing a comparison here of an Australian supplier and an American supplier.   The garments are of a similar type - casual yet with the ability to be worn after hours meeting with friends or going out for dinner after work.  




The title of this post is "AM I BIASED?".   And I've thought about this a lot.   When I compare the two  - Australian and American - I have to come to the conclusion that the Australian product is to my mind second-class.  It's probably OK to wear VERY casually, but the American product is wearable for any occasion and will always look smart.  The quality of the fabric says a lot too, and this current trend of using stretchy-crepey fabric for the majority of clothes over here to me smacks of a "don't really care" attitude by the manufacturer/supplier/retailer.  This type of fabric doesn't wash well and garments soon need to be replaced!  Unfortunately women purchase this fabric because too often there's nothing better on offer.

Another thing that should be taken into account too is that having to replace items so often, even if they are "cheap" or inexpensive, is that in the long run they cost more than a garment in a better quality fabric at a higher price in the first place.

For those women who like to build up a wardrobe of intelligent, mix-n-match items, budgets do come into the picture and how much wiser it is to invest in good quality, stylish, ageless garments to meet that ambition.

No, I don't think I'm biased, after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment