Saturday, June 4, 2011

Winter has arrived!



Well, officially it's Winter here.  Many of my friends over in the States are experiencing all the joys and discomforts of summer and it's accompanying heat, rashes, "how to keep cool", and all the other things associated with summer!

For the first three days of winter, we've had the most beautiful sunny days - bright blue skies, just a semblance of a gentle breeze catching the tops of the trees.  Yes, the days are getting shorter, and once the sun goes down, the chill rises, and rises quickly.   We've also been told by the so-called weather experts to expect sleet, rain, and even snow either at the weekend or early next week.  Brrr.    That means rummaging through the wardrobe to find that extra bulky cardigan in anticipation.

My friend asked me to go with her to a small presentation of the latest "Postie Fashions" selection the other night.    It has been some years since I saw the range, but once again I was impressed with what I saw.  Importantly I was "taken" by the fact that their garments are "made in Australia".   Sizes go from 6 through to 28 and if you are in the market for a couple of nice new garments, then why not visit their website at  http://www.postie.com.au/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment