1. I will let go of "negative" labels, such as lazy or bad or clumsy, that I have used to describe myself these long years, recognising that labels are inaccurate and destructive and that they stifle growth.
2. I will nurture myself by giving approving, reassuring messages to myself about me. I will be a friend to myself and offer myself the same understand I would offer to another in my place
3. I will release others from the responsibility of making me happy. I take the initiative to get what I need rather than waiting and hoping that somehow what I need will be brought to me by someone else.
4. I will share the vulnerable parts of myself with those I love.
5. I choose to be happy NOW - to celebrate all the small pleasures of life as they occur - instead of putting happiness off until I lose weight, get married (or divorced), make my first million, move house and so on.
6. I will expect that I will incur the disapproval of others. I recognise there is no way I can please all the people all the time.
7. I realise that some of my greatest learning has come from the mistakes I have made.
8. I embrace the position that I am an intrinsically valuable human being. I am a worthy person simply because I am.
......© 1991-2013 RoseMarys NoteBook - Australia. (By permission of the author.)